If you would have told me that this season, the Packers would:
- Lose their starting RB, coming off of back-to-back 1,200 yard seasons.
- Lose their most dangerous receiving weapon, who is completely uncoverable one-on-one.
- Lose their starting right tackle
- Lose their leading tackler at LB, as well as their best pass-coverage LB
- Lose their starting safety (as well as not having the safety he replaced available all year)
- Lose about half the LBs on the roster at the beginning of the season.
- Not have our former star CB available due to his injury last year.
- Not have one of our starting D-linemen available due to his suspension
- In addition to all these season ending injuries, missing the following players for at least one game: Clay Matthews, Donald Driver, Cullen Jenkins, Ryan Pickett (and basically every D-Line player not named BJ Raji)
And then tell me that we'd be sitting at 8-5 with a legitimate shot at the playoffs (albeit through an incredibly difficult part of the schedule), I'd think you'd be ready to crown McCarthy as coach of the year for doing this kind of a job under these circumstances.
Instead, I come on here to see the same people crying about firing him after any loss. I don't want to get into name-calling, but there is only one word for these people - idiots.
So he's made some calls you don't agree with? Wow! I'm sure we'll go right out and get a coach that you will agree with 100% of the time! And he'll lead us right to the Super Bowl with half our roster on IR!! He didn't throw a challenge flag on a play that you, sitting on your couch, thought he should challenge? Man, we should hire you as our new coach! We'll go undefeated!