a Yahoo sports writer creates article titled:
The 5 most embarrassing moments for the Green Bay Packers special teams in 2010
I saw it listed among the articles today and just had to laugh that a non-Packer beat writer would take the time to detail just how awful our Special Teams unit really is. We've certainly had our share of blunders so without further ado, here is their list:
- The return of Devin Hester. For the previous year or so, Hester had been very quiet and some thought maybe he lost that something special that he had in the return game. Leave it to the Packers to help him find it...
- Crosby...DOINK. We all remember the close ones we've lost, one of the more memorable ones involved Mason Crosby doinking one off the goal posts from 53.
- Even the Cowboys got in on the fun. Despite absolutely slaughtering the Cowboys, the ST unit still had to allow them to make us look stupid for a play by allowing a blocked FG.
- Falcons huge return. In a sloppy game for the Packers they had managed to tie one of the best teams in the league with just a short amount of time left. The kickoff to ATL was returned a long way and then a stupid facemask penalty pretty much gave the Falcons an easy walk off victory.
- Run fat boy, RUN! This one is FRESH. Nothing is more embarrassing than watching a 300 pound man run a kickoff back all the way to the 5 yard line. I think this play is the play that defines our unit, never have I seen something more embarrassing!
Did he miss a blunder you thought was more worthy? Lets hear your top 5...or your thoughts on this top 5!!