I'm sure everyone on has heard the most recent stupid thing El Favre-o has said. I decided to copy and paste the rosters from Pro Football Reference of the 2010 and 2007 teams into a spreadsheet to see what players Favre had that Rodgers still has. Here's the list of players on both teams:
Atari Bigby, Desmond Bishop, Jarrett Bush, Chad Clifton, Daryn Colledge, Nick Collins, Mason Crosby, Donald Driver, Ryan Grant, Korey Hall, Justin Harrell, A.J. Hawk, Brandon Jackson, Cullen Jenkins, Greg Jennings, James Jones, John Kuhn, Donald Lee, Mike Montgomery, Charlie Peprah, Ryan Pickett, Brady Poppinga, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Spitz, Mark Tauscher, Scott Wells, Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson
Not a bad list. There are definitely some key players from last year are on this list. Here's who played with Favre in 2007 but left before 2010:
Allen Barbre, Nick Barnett, Will Blackmon, Shaun Bodiford, Conrad Bolston, Colin Cole, Junius Coston, Rob Davis, Brett Favre, Chris Francies, Bubba Franks, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Al Harris, Carlyle Holiday, Jason Hunter, Johnny Jolly, Aaron Kampman, Ryan Krause, Ruvell Martin, Tony Moll, Vernand Morency, Daniel Muir, Craig Nall, Tony Palmer, Koren Robinson, Aaron Rouse, Jon Ryan, Frank Walker, Tracy White, Corey Williams, DeShawn Wynn
Not a bad list either, but who outside of Will Blackmon, Bubba Franks, K
GB, Al Harris, Johnny Jolly, and Aaron Kampman are actually missed? Also, as much as I loved Bubba Franks, he's not Jermicheal Finley.
Here's the list of folks from 2010 who never played with Favre:
Diyral Briggs, Bryan Bulaga, Morgan Burnett, Brandon Chillar, Tom Crabtree, Jermichael Finley, Matt Flynn, Robert Francois, Brett Goode, Josh Gordy, Howard Green, Spencer Havner, Quinn Johnson, Brad Jones, T.J. Lang, Patrick Lee, Derrick Martin, Tim Masthay, Clay Matthews, Dimitri Nance, Mike Neal, Jordy Nelson, Andrew Quarless, B.J. Raji, Sam Shields, Maurice Simpkins, Josh Sitton, Anthony Smith, James Starks, Brett Swain, Brandon Underwood, Erik Walden, Matt Wilhelm, C.J. Wilson, Jarius Wynn, Frank Zombo
Here's what I see:
1. The 2010 has more talent, and Favre should be surprised if Rodgers doesn't get at least 2 Super Bowl Rings
2. If some how 2010 could face off versus 2007, the latter wouldn't have a chance. The 2010 is essentially 2007 plus three more years of developed talent. 2010 could have easily had a better record than the 10-6 they ended up with.
3. The 2007 team went 13-3 because Favre had a good season. He only threw 15 interceptions that year. I was a little shocked when I looked that up. From what I remember, Favre played lights out in 2007. I remember not cringing every time he dropped back.
4. In 2007, the division wasn't all that good. Bears, Vikings, and Lions were all sub par/mediocre that year...um...well, the Bears and Vikings were at least. By Lion standards, 2007 was a smashing success. Also, the Bears managed to sweep us that year.
5. Aside from the sweep from the Bears in 2007, our only loss was to Dallas. A game in which Farve got hurt after completing 5 of 14 passes. Mr. Rodgers came in and almost rallied us to a comeback. 18 out of 24 for 201 yards and a TD from off the bench.
In any case. I wish Favre would quit being a sour grape.