Here's the game:
The Packers are in the Super Bowl, and you get to pick the offense "skill players" that Green Bay trots out.
Here are the assumptions:
- Assume each player is in their absolute prime/ their best year. IE, don't consider Ahman Green as being his second time around, or Donald Driver circa 2012. Take everyone at their best.
- This is not an exercise solely in "who is best?" Consider chemistry, strengths and weaknesses, playing styles, how they will mesh together.
- If I've left someone off you feel should be included, put them on your team as a write in candidate.
- Pick one quarterback, 3 RBs (one of them a FB), 3 WRs, 1 TE.
- As the title suggests the players cover from 1990-2012. So sorry all you Don Hutson fans.
QuarterBacks (Pick one)
Running Backs (Pick 3- one must be a fullback)
Wide Receiver (Pick 3)
Tight End (Pick one)
Here's my team
Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers.
I really thought about picking Favre. He just had such a penchant for making the big play. But Rodgers is more efficient and less prone to costly interceptions. But it was close. I didn't just automatically take Rodgers.
Ahman Green and Ryan Grant with Edgar Bennett as my fullback. I really wanted to put Levens on my team. He is one of my favorite Packers ever (don't ask me why, I don't know) But he's just not better than Grant. I trust anyone of these backs to take a healthy chunk of carries and move the chains.
Sterling Sharpe, Greg Jennings, Antonio Freeman.
This was was agonizing to pick. How do I leave off Donald Driver and Robert Brooks, to say nothing of the brilliant seasons that Walker had?
Sharpe was obvious- the man probably would be considered a top ten, if not top 5, receiver of all time if he hadn't had that career ending injury. He'd stack up to Megatron or Fitz any day in my book.
I had to include the master of routes, so Jennings was in. It was close between Freeman, Brooks and Driver. Call me nostalgic for the 90s Super Bowl years, I chose Freeman, though I am open to being wrong on this pick.
It should be Keith Jackson- but his best year's were with the Eagles, I couldn't honestly pick him as a Packer. Chmura had some solid seasons for us in the 90s, he gets the nod.
What would your team look like?
Post your lineup and discuss!