The super duper awesome staffs of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Green Bay Press-Gazette, Packers.com and lots of other media members were on hand at the final day of Green Bay Packers minicamp for those of us who can't make it to Green Bay at the moment, keeping tabs on all of the happenings. As usual, we've gone through everyone's notes to pick out the most important info from practice and round it up for you.
- Randall Cobb, Alex Green, Charlie Peprah, Anthony Levine, Morgan Burnett, Frank Zombo, Johnny Jones, Jaymes Brooks, T.J. Lang, Mike Daniels, Derek Sherrod and Andrew Quarless were the players who did not participate in Thursday's practice.
- All of Tramon Williams, Diondre Borel and Shaky Smithson got return work in Cobb's absence. Smithson is going to have to impress as a returner in training camp and preseason to have any chance of making the team.
- Evan Dietrich-Smith was the first team left guard in Lang's absence
- There was more emphasis on special teams than previous practices
- Brad Jones and Jamari Lattimore worked with the inside linebackers in OTAs, but were back with the OLBs in minicamp.
- Dezman Moses, who we'll write more about today, had another great day in practice. Dude is seriously turning heads. He's about to take over from Desmond Bishop and Vic So'oto as the new defense cult hero.
- Charles Woodson did not play in the base defense
- The team gave the 'psycho' package with one down lineman a try, with Worthy as the lone DT.
- EDS wore a jersey with 'Friday' on it and Josh Sitton wore a jersey with 'Sunday' on it. I think you can figure out the joke.