Jarrett Bush, starting cornerback. Wait, what?
After a scare with Twitter being down for a while late this morning, we're back up and running. That means that we can access all of the news and notes from the various media members in attendance at Packers training camp today. Here are a few of the big storylines from this morning's practice.
- Rain came in this morning, but the Packers elected to practice outdoors anyway (GBPG).
- In the secondary, Charles Woodson started off in the slot position during walkthroughs, with M.D. Jennings opening up at safety. However, Woodson lined up as a safety in the base defense once full-team drills started. Starting at corner were Tramon Williams (as expected) and...wait for it...Jarrett Bush (BC).
- The defensive line started with Raji, Ryan Pickett, and C.J. Wilson in the base 3-4 defense (PD). I really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case after camp.
- In the nickel formation, the prior arrangement took over with Woodson in the slot and Jennings at safety (RD). The starters on the defensive line were B.J. Raji and Jerel Worthy (PD).
- Alex Green reportedly passed his physical and practiced today (Pack).
- The Packers may have Randall Cobb carry the ball on offense this year, as they ran a few reverses to him in practice (BC).
- Mason Crosby and Tim Masthay both impressed with their kicking today, though without a rush in front of them (MV).
We'll have more news from training camp as it continues. Devin was in attendance at practice, so we'll have some stuff from him tonight and tomorrow.
UPDATE: Desmond Bishop apparently suffered a calf strain during a training session before camp. No timetable has been set yet for his return. D.J. Smith played well in his place during today's practice.