Mike McCarthy's comments after the Green Bay Packers' first preseason game of the year weren't exactly extensive like they are after practice. It seems like he feels comfortable commenting on specific performances while watching practice at field level, but wants to watch the tape before making those kinds of comments when it comes to an actual game. Here's the summary of his press conference.
- Injuries are: Bishop (knee, possible hamstring), House (shoulder), Levine (back), Borel (groin). You can find more details in Tex's injury report from earlier today.
- First part of preseason is just part of the natural progression from practice, to preseason, to real games. McCarthy was not happy with the early turnovers, but has to watch the game tape to see exactly what needs improving.
- Graham Harrell did a good job managing the game and the tempo in the second half after a rough first half. His personality allows him to play the position; he's the same all the time.
- McCarthy was asked specifically about Shannon Eastin and thought she had a good game.
- He didn't criticize the officials ,but points out that it was their first game and that they have a lot to work on just like the teams have a lot to work on.
- McCarthy was happy that he got into the situation where the No. 1 offense was backed up against their goal line, even though that series ended with a fumble. It's a good thing to practice that the team doesn't have time to work on in practice.
- He thought Randall Cobb had a good game but won't comment on exactly how well he played until he watches the tape.
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is super fun. Check us out on social media for updates as well.