NEWHOUSE IS BACK! Everybody can breathe a little bit easier now.
Monday morning's practice was the first chance we would get to see Cedric Benson, while an important player returned to practice. Here are the big doings from Monday:
- Everybody take a deep breath - Marshall Newhouse is back and practicing in pads (WH, TS). Andrew Datko and Herb Taylor switched back and forth from the right to left sides with the number 2 offense (PD). Josh Sitton practiced with no issues (MV).
- Cedric Benson initially wore pads at the start of practice before finding out that he must practice in shells for the first two days (TS), similar to a player coming off the PUP list. He did participate in a variety of ball drills with the running backs (TD), handoff drills with Aaron Rodgers (WH), and blocking drills with the offensive line (JW).
- Jordy Nelson is cruising along, catching back-to-back touchdowns from Aaron Rodgers. He beat Jarrett Bush deep then Tramon Williams in the red zone (RD).
- The number 2 defense saw Jamari Lattimore get the bulk of the reps at one ILB spot, with a rotation of Terrell Manning and Robert Francois at the other spot (JW).
- Tori Gurley had a good practice on Monday, bowling over scout team corner Dion Turner at one point (MV) and making a few other nice catches (WH).
- B.J. Coleman also had a solid practice early on, drawing the defense offside multiple times and showing off his arm strength (TS) before sailing a pass way over everybody late (WH).
It was another quick practice due to the various injuries, as Mike McCarthy called it after an hour and 48 minutes. We'll have more on practice as the morning goes along.
As always, my thanks to the reporters:
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is super fun. Check us out on social media for updates as well.