Sam Shields will need to make some plays on Thursday like he did in practice on Tuesday in order to get back in the hunt for a starting spot.
We're getting down to the home stretch, folks. The Packers practiced in shells today, getting in their last preparations before Thursday's preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals. There are only three remaining practices left now, with two of those in full pads. Here we go!
- D.J. Williams did not practice today (Pack). The 13 players who missed practice on Monday were held out again today, but Williams was the only addition (RD).
- Alex Green's ball security issues continued today, as he lost another unforced fumble (MV).
- Reggie Wells got all the snaps today as the primary backup to Marshall Newhouse at left tackle (TS).
- Today's starting nickel package had Anthony Levine at safety instead of the Doctor and Jarrett Bush at corner (RD). Jerron McMillian later came in and took reps with the ones in the nickel as well (TS).
- Tori Gurley has continued his inconsistent play. He got called for pass interference against Sam Shields (TS) a few plays before making a great falling, tip-toe catch in the back of the end zone (MV).
- It was Jamari Lattimore's turn to make a play at the backup ILB position, as he intercepted a pass during team drills (TS). Shortly thereafter, Sam Shields made a nice leaping interception on a deep throw from B.J. Coleman to Donald Driver down the sidelines, just managing to keep his feet in bounds (MV). As TD noted, that was a play that Jarrett Bush would never be able to make.
- The only injury besides Williams was to TE DeMarco Cosby, who went down with a hamstring injury (WH).
Aaaaaaaand...that's it. It was a quick, 82-minute practice today, basically another glorified walkthrough. As MV noted, nobody will be earning a roster spot during practice today, as it was really just preparation for Thursday's game.
Once again, these beat writers and Twitter folks helped gather the information:
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is awesome. Check us out on social media for updates as well.