Several linebackers were seen with the football in their hands at practice on Monday, but not because they had intercepted passes.
Well, everybody knows the cuts are coming, but aside from Jarius Wynn, the same group of Packers took the practice field on Monday as the team that was on the field on Sunday. Here are your major storylines from today's practice:
- All the same players who missed practice yesterday were out today. That includes tight ends D.J. Williams, Tom Crabtree, and Ryan Taylor, along with LB Robert Francois and DE Ryan Pickett (WH).
- The first defensive backs to get nickel reps were again Jarrett Bush and Jerron McMillian (JW).
- The second-team offensive line was the same as on Sunday: Shea Allard, Greg Van Roten, EDS, Reggie Wells, and Don Barclay (WH).
- Tori Gurley and Diondre Borel both got a number of special teams reps early, with Gurley on the top punt return team and Borel as the second punt returner (RD, MV). Borel had an ugly bobble on one punt, which certainly won't help his cause (MV). He did recover it, though.
- Here's the Packers' top dime defense: Jerel Worthy and Mike Daniels at DE; Nick Perry, D.J. Smith, and Clay Matthews at LB; Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, and Sam Shields at CB; and Morgan Burnett and Jerron McMillian at safety (JW).
- Aaron Rodgers actually took some reps with the scout team offense today, simulating the Kansas City Chiefs' quarterback Matt Cassel (PD). He even completed a pass to Erik Walden, who was playing tight end. Maybe there really is something to that 6'2", 250 pound thing.
- Jarrett Boykin showed why he is a great candidate for the practice squad, catching a deep bomb from B.J. Coleman between Otis Merrill and Anthony Levine (WH, MV).
- The only new injury out of practice was to Jamari Lattimore, who came up limping, but made it off the field on his own. He came back on a few plays later and seemed to be okay (RD, TD).
Finally, here's your tweet of the day from practice:
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Aaron Rodgers with an interception. No he didn't throw one. He picked a pass off playing safety in jog thru.
My thanks to these guys, who I forgot to recognize this morning for their work yesterday:
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is awesome. Check us out on social media for updates as well.