It was back to the grind for the veterans last night. Let's hit it!
- Several players were not in pads last night. Among them were Mike Daniels, Du'ane Bennett, D.J. Williams, Dale Moss, Tori Gurley, Marshall Newhouse, and Greg Jennings. Also out were Lair, Hoese, Zombo, Brooks, McCabe, Dominguez, Quarless, Sherrod, and Ryan Taylor (WH), who got a concussion on Sunday (TS).
- With Newhouse out again, Herb Taylor was the number one left tackle for a second day (RD).
- Desmond Bishop and A.J. Hawk got the snaps at ILB in the nickel at the start of practice, while Davon House was the third cornerback in the nickel and started on the outside in the base defense. Jarrett Bush was the first choice in the dime package (RD).
- Sam Shields went down with an injury early after putting a hit on Alex Green (WH). Apparently his left shoulder was being examined (RD). Mike McCarthy described it as an injured elbow (TS).
- D.J. Smith and Rob Francois both got a good number of snaps with the top nickel package as well (PD), and at one point Smith tracked down Aaron Rodgers for a sack (TD).
- Bishop had a great diving interception on a pass from Graham Harrell to Tom Crabtree (TD, MV), following it immediately with a sack on the next play (RD). Crabtree earned some praises for his consistency though, as he made a nice touchdown catch over Casey Hayward (WH).
- Randall Cobb ran a terrific route with Bush in coverage before making a great back-shoulder catch on a pass from Harrell (TS). The backup OL looked rough again, but Harrell made some nice throws on the run (WH, MV).
- On back to back plays in the red zone drill, Rodgers hit Jermichael Finley on a fade route for a score, then followed it up with a score to Jordy Nelson who tip-toed in the back of the end zone (PD).
- There were a handful of drops in 7 on 7 drills, including Donald Driver and Brandon Bostick (MV). However, Driver redeemed himself immediately afterwards with a leaping touchdown grab (Pack).
It was a pretty short practice on Monday, coming in at less than two hours when it normally lasts for two and a half (TS). Kevin will have more on McCarthy's comments from after practice in his usual post later today.
As usual, my thanks to the beat guys tweeting from practice:
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is super fun. Check us out on social media for updates as well.