The Green Bay Packers have announced their inactive players for this week's game against the Cleveland Browns. Not surprisingly, wide receiver James Jones will not suit up for today's game after suffering a sprained PCL last week against Baltimore and being unable to practice all week.
Outside linebacker Mike Neal, however, will be in uniform today and will most likely be in the starting lineup. This is a much-needed shot in the arm for a depleted linebacking corps that is missing the two primary starters on the outside in Nick Perry and Clay Matthews.
Here is the full list of inactives for the Packers:
CB Casey Hayward
ILB Brad Jones
WR James Jones
OLB Clay Matthews
OLB Nick Perry
RB James Starks
TE Ryan Taylor
These players are inactive for the Cleveland Browns:
OL Garrett Gilkey
OL Patrick Lewis (yes, the same Patrick Lewis who was in Packers training camp)
OLB Brandon Magee
TE Keavon Milton
OL Martin Wallace
DL Billy Winn
Note: because of Charles Johnson's injury and him counting against the 53-man roster, the Browns only need to designate six inactive players to reach the 46-man gameday roster.
More from Acme Packing Company:
- Browns vs. Packers Preview: 5 Things to Watch For
- Browns vs. Packers Preview: Q&A with Dawgs by Nature
- Week 7 NFL Picks: Packers Roll, One Writer Picks Denver to Fall
- Packers vs. Browns Fantasy Advice: Start Jarrett Boykin; Bench Willis McGahee
- Browns vs. Packers: Game Time, TV Channel, Broadcast Schedule, and More