Earlier today, news broke that the Green Bay Packers lost practice squad running back Michael Hill, as he was signed away from the team onto the active roster of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ted Thompson and company wasted no time in replacing Hill, however, as they have announced the signing of running back Orwin Smith to take Hill's place.
Smith is listed at six feet and 209 pounds and played his collegiate ball at Georgia Tech. He was a productive player in the Yellow Jackets' option running attack over the past few years, despite never really being a featured back. Over the past three seasons, Smith averaged 64 rushes for 604 yards (a rate of 9.4 YPC) as well as 14 receptions for 263 yards. He also recorded 22 total touchdowns over that period.
More from Acme Packing Company:
- Buccaneers Sign RB Michael Hill Off Packers' Practice Squad
- Packers Teammates of the Week: Scott Tolzien and Jarrett Boykin
- Eagles vs. Packers Grades: Breaking Down Pro Football Focus' Analysis
- Packers Re-Sign QB Matt Flynn
- McCarthy Presser 11/11: Matt Flynn is in the building