On Friday afternoon, the Green Bay Packers made a minor roster move. The team promoted practice squad cornerback Jumal Rolle to the active 53-man roster today, bringing the total number of players on the roster to 52.
Rolle, an undrafted free agent, is listed at 6 feet tall and 188 pounds and played his college ball at Division II Catawba College. Rolle becomes the sixth cornerback on the active roster, joining Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Davon House, Micah Hyde, and Jarrett Bush.
Since the roster sits at 52 players, the speculation is now running rampant that Randall Cobb will be activated from Injured Reserve on Saturday. The team can still activate Cobb on Saturday and have him eligible to play on Sunday against the Bears:
#Packers have until 3 p.m. (Central) on Saturday to notify the league about activating Cobb.— Packer Report (@PackerReport) December 27, 2013
Hopefully Cobb's evaluation on Saturday goes well and he's able to play on Sunday. It seems unlikely, however, that the team would activate him tomorrow if they do not intend for him to be on the field.
- Week 17 NFL Picks: Expecting Rodgers to Lead Packers to Victory, Playoffs
- Aaron Rodgers Returns: A Look at the Packers' QB's Effect On the Vegas Odds
- Packers Injury Report: All Systems Go for Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy Against Bears
- Packers vs. Bears: Q&A with Windy City Gridiron
- Though Not "Successful", the Packers' 2013 Season Has Been One to Remember