When running back Johnathan Franklin was moved to injured reserve and linebacker Victor Aiyewa was promoted to the active roster, the Green Bay Packers were left with a single open spot on their practice squad. On Tuesday, it appears that they have filled that spot:
Packers signing Antonio Dennard to practice squad— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) December 3, 2013
Okay, great. Who is Antonio Dennard?
Well, he's a cornerback who played his college ball at Langston University, a school in Oklahoma which plays football in the NAIA. Dennard spent time with the Giants in the early part of this year, and was waived with an injury settlement in July. He also was in training camp before the 2012 season with the Jacksonville Jaguars and spent some time with the Jags on their practice squad. Dennard joins Jumal Rolle, a fellow corner, on the Packers practice squad.
For now, we still do not know what transaction will take place to allow the team room to add Kahlil Bell to the active roster. We'll bring you that news as soon as we can.
- Packers Mock Draft 2014: Is Jason Verrett a Better Pick than Haha Clinton-Dix?
- Lions vs. Packers Performance Grades: Meltdown in Motown
- Cheese Curds: Aaron Rodgers' Shoulder to be Examined Tuesday
- Packers Sign Kahlil Bell, According to Player's Twitter Account
- Packers' Offensive Line: Ingredients Aren't Mixing Well Lately