EDITOR'S NOTE: Promoted in the interest of generating some discussion over a slow weekend.
1. Eddie Lacy, a 5-foot-11, 230-pound rookie, was selected by the Packers in the second round (No. 61 overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft out of the University of Alabama. He earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors as a junior in 2012 after rushing for 1,322 yards and 17 TDs on 204 carries (6.5 avg.).
2.Johnathan Franklin,5-10, 205, UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif.R
Established himself as one of the top running backs in the nation ... Doak Walker Award finalist in 2012 ... Possesses fine speed, quickness and explosiveness ... 45 career starts ... Three career 200-yard plus rushing games, two in 2012 ... Became UCLA's all-time leading rusher during the 2012 Arizona game ... 19 career 100-yard rushing games, one shy of Gaston Green's school record ... Fifth on the all-time Pac-12 rushing list ... Became UCLA's all-time single-season rusher and all-time leader in all-purpose yards in the Pac-12 Championship Game at Stanford; all while setting a school record with his ninth 100-yard rushing game of the season.
3.DuJuan Harris, a 5-foot-8, 203-pound first-year player out of Troy University, played in five games for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2011, rushing for 42 yards on nine carries (4.7 avg.) and catching one pass for 4 yards. He spent the opening 11 games of the ’11 season on Jacksonville’s practice squad. Harris also was with the Pittsburgh Steelers briefly during the 2012 preseason after being claimed off waivers from Jacksonville on Aug. 27. A four-year letterman at Troy, he rushed for 2,635 yards and 27 TDs on 540 carries (4.9 avg.) and caught 79 passes for 553 yards (7.0 avg.) and five TDs during his career. He will wear No. 26 for the Packers.
4.Alex Green,6 ft 0,225 lb,Hawaii
- Appeared in four games as a rookie before sustaining a season-ending knee injury blocking on a kickoff return at Minnesota in Week 7.
- Rushed for 1,199 yards and 18 TDs as a senior at Hawaii in 2010, ranking second in school history for rushing yards in a single season and tying the single-season school mark for rushing TDs.
- His average of 8.2 yards per carry in 2010 ranked No. 1 in NCAA Division I-A among players with 100 or more carries.
- Broke a 60-year-old single-game school record with 327 rushing yards at New Mexico State in 2010, surpassed in WAC history by only TCU’s LaDainian Tomlinson (406) and San Diego State’s Marshall Faulk (386).
- Attended the same junior college, Butte College in Oroville, Calif., as QB Aaron Rodgers.
- Became the first player in Packers history drafted from the University of Hawaii.
5.Angelo Pease, 21, played in 21 contests during his two seasons (2011-12) at Kansas State and rushed for 477 yards and two TDs on 96 carries (5.0 avg.). He posted 333 rushing yards on 60 carries (5.6 avg.) as a senior. Pease played two seasons at Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College (2009-10), rushing for 834 yards and nine TDs on 155 carries (5.4 avg.) in 2010.