After much discussion earlier this year, it appears that it is finally happening. The Wisconsin Badgers and LSU Tigers have reportedly agreed to play a season-opening game at Lambeau Field in 2016. Logistics of the deal are still being worked out, but it is part of a pseudo-home-and-home series in which both teams will play at NFL stadiums near their home fields.
The Badger hockey team has a history of playing in Green Bay, as they played Ohio State at Lambeau in 2006 and they regularly play non-conference games at the Resch Center. The Packers used to play the occasional preseason game at Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. However, to our knowledge this will be the first college football game played in Lambeau.
As a proud Wisconsin alumnus, this boils down to one sentence for me: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
More from Acme Packing Company:
- Pro Football HOF Induction: A Look at Dave Robinson's NFL Career
- Packers' Training Camp Battle - Running Back: Lacy Taking Over Early
- Packers 2013 Season Preview: Q&A With Football Outsiders
- Packers Offensive Philosophy: Time to Rethink How the Offense Works?
- Jordy Nelson to Miss Remainder of Preseason