Though they didn't play, the Packers may have caught a break Saturday tonight.
By virtue of the Saints 26-24 upset of the heavily favored Eagles, the winner of tomorrow's NFC wildcard game draws a more favorable matchup against the Panthers. While a trip to Carolina isn't without its pitfalls, it's certainly preferable to a trip to Seattle. The number one seeded Seahawks have lost only once at home since Russell Wilson became the starting quarterback.*
The Saints will also opens up the possibility, though remote, that the Packers could host another game at Lambeau field this season. Should they win their next two games and if New Orleans pulls another upset, the Packers would host the Saints for the NFC title game. Needless to say, that's of little concern right now. The Packers need to take care of business first with a win tomorrow.
- NFL Wild-Card Saturday 2014: Playoff Thread
- NFL Playoffs Fantasy Advice: Building the Perfect Roster
- 49ers vs. Packers Playoff Game Primer: Game Time, TV Channel, Broadcast Info, and More
- Bears vs. Packers Performance Grades: Rodgers-led Offense Outlasts Bears
- Packers' Eddie Lacy and Josh Sitton Voted Second-Team All-Pro