What seemed a virtual impossibility a few weeks ago is finally here. The Green Bay Packers are hosting a playoff game as the calendar has switched over to 2014.
The San Francisco 49ers are at Lambeau Field this afternoon in what is projected to be ridiculously cold temperatures, among the coldest on record in any NFL game. With their stout defense and 12-4 record, they enter as a three-point favorite as the visitor.
The Packers will likely look to establish the ground game early on with Eddie Lacy and James Starks, then use play-action to get Aaron Rodgers going. The defense will need to force turnovers out of the San Francisco offense and hold them to field goals when they enter the red zone.
The winner will go to Carolina to play the Panthers next Sunday at 12:05 PM Central.
Let's cheer the Packers on to victory!
- 49ers vs. Packers Playoff Game Primer: Game Time, TV Channel, Broadcast Info, and More
- 49ers vs. Packers: Underdog Role Suits Green Bay Just Fine
- Wildcard Round NFL Picks: Little Optimism for the Packers
- Packers' Eddie Lacy and Josh Sitton Voted Second-Team All-Pro
- 49ers vs. Packers Playoff Preview: Why Each Team Will Win