The Packers conducted another open OTA practice on Wednesday. There were some surprises for those in attendance (Josh Sitton and Colt Lyerla's absence, Don Barclay taking reps at left guard), but overall the proceedings had a similar flavor to last week's. Acme Packing Company's Aron Yohannes was once again in attendance and reported the following observations.
- Players not practicing today: Colt Lyerla, B.J. Raji, Clay Mathews, Nick Perry, Andrew Quarless, Brandon Bostick, Jonathan Franklin, and Jumal Rolle.
- Micah Hyde once again took reps with the first team on defense at safety. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was with the second-team.
- Jared Abbrederis fielded punts again early with Randall Cobb, Tramon Williams, and Hyde.
- Sam Shields wore a hat again today. Although, it was a bit breezy today so it's understandable unlike last Thursday.
- Mason Crosby hit the cameraman up in the air behind the field goal post today.
- Richard Rodgers took first team snaps today with the tight ends.
- Jordy Nelson dropped a nice clean post from Aaron Rodgers early.
- Nelson did roughly 20-30 push-ups on the sidelines minutes later.
- Jeff Janis hauled in a nice back shoulder throw over Antonio Dennard.
- During their blitz period today, the first song the Packers played was "Happy".
- Tight end Ryan Taylor made a nice bobbling catch by the sideline while falling.
- Rookie linebacker Carl Bradford took snaps at OLB.
- Chris Harper made a nice play catching a ball across the middle and exploded past Hyde and Williams.
- With Josh Sitton watching, today's offensive line went: Bakhtiari, Barclay, Tretter, Lang, and Bulaga at RT.
- Davon House picked off Matt Flynn near the sidelines and after a few laterals that went eventually to Carl Bradford, Aaron Rodgers stripped the ball and took it for a touchdown.
- Davante Adams looked solid on his first day, but you can tell he's a bit behind.
- Jarrett Boykin had a really nice day overall. Made some nice catches and ran very good routes.
- Micah Hyde looked the best as far as footwork today among the safeties.
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix dropped some catches today, and slipped a few times on the ground.
- Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson both threw accurately in the quarterback net and received a lot of cheers from the crowd.
- Aaron Rodgers towards the end of practice played on defense. He usually does this for fun, so it's nothing serious. But if you care, he played slot cornerback and OLB.
Safeties coach Darren Perry going through fundamental drills. pic.twitter.com/W36Bsna4ST— Aron Yohannes (@AronYohannes) June 3, 2014
Check out Aron's Twitter timeline for more of his live reactions from today's practice.