The Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers just announced their inactive players for this afternoon's game. The Packers knew that they would be without outside linebacker Clay Matthews with a broken thumb, but had several other players listed as probable on the injury report on Friday.
Thankfully, none of those players are inactive, as the Packers will field a mostly-full roster for this afternoon's game. Here is the full list of scratches for the Packers:
WR Chris Harper
OLB Clay Matthews
OLB Nate Palmer
CB Jumal Rolle
G Lane Taylor
QB Scott Tolzien
OL JC Tretter
The 49ers are a different story. They will be without the services of starting cornerback Carlos Rogers, and Trumaine Brock will start in his place. Where Rogers may be missed most, however, is in the nickel and dime packages where he slides inside to cover the slot receiver. Look for Eric Wright to take over some of those duties when the Niners move into their sub packages.
Here's the full list of Niners inactives:
Hopefully Rogers' absence will allow Randall Cobb to get some solid production over the middle of the field in today's game. Keep it here for continuing coverage of today's game.
- 49ers vs. Packers Playoff Game Primer: Game Time, TV Channel, Broadcast Info, and More
- 49ers vs. Packers: Underdog Role Suits Green Bay Just Fine
- Wildcard Round NFL Picks: Little Optimism for the Packers
- Packers' Eddie Lacy and Josh Sitton Voted Second-Team All-Pro
- 49ers vs. Packers Playoff Preview: Why Each Team Will Win