The Packers took the field for the first time since their 19-7 victory over the St. Louis Rams on Saturday night for a light practice on Monday. The only known injury from the game was to Tight End Matthew Mulligan, who appeared to hurt his arm on Saturday. He was scheduled to have an MRI done on his arm yesterday, and was sitting out of practice on Monday. We'll learn more about his injury during the Mike McCarthy press conference later today.
Here are some more news and notes from Monday's practice.
- The biggest news of the day might be that both Datone Jones and Casey Hayward returned to practice (RD). It was not a padded practice, so it's hard to tell if they are cleared for full contact, but it is a promising sign for the two young defensive players.
- Andrew Quarless also returned to the practice field, after sitting out with an injured quad (PD).
- James Nixon did not participate in any drills on Monday (WH).
- Randall Cobb continues to sit out of practice with his bicep injury (RD), while Jordy Nelson was spotted doing rehab in the Don Hutson Center, and appeared to be walking without a limp (TS).
- Also sitting out of practice on Monday were: Johnson, Tramon Williams, Richardson, Tretter, Bulaga, Sherrod, and Worthy.
- Don Barclay continued to get first-team reps at Right Tackle, while Marshall Newhouse worked strictly as a No. 2 at both RT and LT (TS). Not a promising sign for Newhouse.
- DuJuan Harris started at running back in the first full team drill, sharing reps with Eddie Lacy (TD).
- M.D. Jennings received first-team reps at safety, while Micah Hyde started as the slot corner in the nickel package (TS).
- After sitting out of the first 11-on-11 drill, Casey Hayward participated in the second full team drill session with the second team defense across from Davon House. It appears Hayward is fully healed and ready to go.
- Jeremy Ross was not back returning punts with the scout team on Monday, as Hyde and Omarius Hines received most of the reps. Hines would later muff a live punt, which doesn't bode well for the young wideout. (TS)
- Andy Mulumba and Mike Neal received second team reps at outside linebacker ahead of Dezman Moses (TS).
- Mason Crosby and Giorgio Tavecchio participated in a field goal competition, with Crosby going 9-for-10, and Tavecchio going 8-for-10 (although there were conflicting signals on one of Tavecchio's attempts) (TD).
- Micah Hyde intercepted a Vince Young pass that was bobbled by WR Justin Wilson (RD).
- Johnny Jolly recorded two more tipped passes during practice on Monday, after two during Saturday's game against the Rams (WH).
- Graham Harrell recorded four straight completions during team drills, and then almost threw an interception straight to Jarrett Bush but Bush dropped the sure INT (TD).
- Coach McCarthy ended practice early before the usual two-minute drill. (PI).