I asked Chris over at Arrowhead Pride five questions about the Chiefs, who the Packers play next Sunday in Kansas City.
1. I expected the Chiefs defense to struggle this season, but instead they've turned into the best unit on the team. Is the improvement due to the addition of free agent linebackers Napoleon Harris and Donnie Edwards?
2. RIP: running game. The Chiefs have lost some great offensive lineman over the last couple of seasons. Was the retirement of guard Will Shields
the final blow? What can be done to get Larry Johnson back on track?
The only way the Chiefs are going to get Larry Johnson back on track this season, with the current personnel we have on the offensive line, is to make teams fear the passing attack. Its not difficult to challenge the Chiefs offense. Stack as many guys in the box as possible and make Damon Huard beat you with the passing game. To be fair to Larry Johnson, he hasn't been able to do much because of teams focusing almost 100% on him.
3. Why should the Packers fear rookie wide receiver Dwayne Bowe?
4. One of the last moves made by the Packers this preseason was opting to go with rookie kicker and 6th round pick Mason Crosby over Dave Rayner. Rayner was good in 2006 and in the preseason, but Crosby just kicked a little better and it looks like he has the potential to be a very good kicker. Carl Peterson selected Justin Medlock in the 5th round, before Crosby, but apparently that didn't work out. Rayner's playing just about as well in 2007 as 2006 judging by the stats so far. Do you think Rayner is the kicker of the present and future in Kansas City?
5. The Packers pass defense has been steadily getting worse over the last three games, while the run defense has been improving each week. Do you
think the Chiefs will take notice and open up the passing game early and often, or will Herm Edwards stubbornly stick with running Larry Johnson straight up the middle as his first option?