- If you try to steal the 1970 Impala owned by ex-Packer RB Najeh Davenport, then you better expect a high speed chase.
- I was looking at the Packers' current roster and noted three things. First, with 80 players signed, there are very few unassigned numbers. Second, DE Jeremy Thompson, who was the only player GM Ted Thompson had ever traded up for, until he traded up for LB Clay Matthews last month, is now officially listed as an outside linebacker. And third, unsigned RT Mark Tauscher is still listed on the roster.
- The money Seattle gave ex-Packer DT Colin Cole back in March is still indefensible. But the really sad part for Seattle is that they appear to be building their entire defense around stopping the run, with Cole as the anchor. Do they know that the Packers' run defense was awful last season with Cole? While not entirely his fault, he sure wasn't part of the solution in Green Bay either. With Cole "anchoring" the run defense, and SS Brian Russell doing the same damage in the secondary, Seattle is on my short list for the 2010 No. 1 overall pick.
- Some former QB got out of prison.
- There is a lot of chaos surrounding the reigning NFC champs. First, they've got to overcome the Super Bowl Curse. The good news is they still have six games against San Francisco, St. Louis, and Seattle on the schedule. Second, in the last month, they've released nearly every significant free agent they've signed in the last couple seasons. And third, they're dealing with holdouts by two star players; WR Anquan Boldin and DT Darnell Dockett.