- Shorter Brad Childress: Sure I'm interested in Brett Favre, but he's retired. And as we all know, when Brett says he's retired, he stays retired.
- QB Aaron Rodgers goes to a baseball game in San Diego and mentions that he used to pitch in high school.
- Dallas OLB Greg Ellis will probably be released or traded soon. If the Packers hadn't drafted LB Clay Matthews, then trading for Ellis, who had 8 sacks in 2008 and 12.5 in 2007, would have been a good idea. Although OLB Anthony Spencer is the future in Dallas, I'm still surprised they're willing to move Ellis who can still get after the QB and provide depth.
- This isn't the first place I've read it, but it seems like the local sports writers expect 2nd year player OL Breno Giacomini is penciled in as the starter at right tackle in place of Mark Tauscher. Also, they all seem to have written off starting C Scott Wells. If Wells isn't healthy, he won't be able to stop Jason Spitz from taking over his starting job at center. But I can't imagine Giacomini will be the starter in 2009. Based on the performance-based bonus pool, no Packer played less than Giacomini, who was on the field for only four plays in 2008. It seems like a giant leap from a project 5th round pick to a starter in one season.
- The running joke that is ex-NFL QB Ryan Leaf just continues to roll on. What a waste.
Friday Packer Hits: Favre, Rodgers, Ellis, and Breno
By Brandon Updated
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.