I was a panelist on the Wednesday Live Blog at Cheesehead TV. Thanks again to Corey and Aaron for inviting me over. This week, they interviewed CB Joe Porter. Next week they are scheduled to talk with Greg Bedard from the Journal Sentinel and former Packer VP Andrew Brandt. Plus I got the chance to make a RB Travis Jervey reference.
I followed the final OTA practice on Greg Bedard's live blog, and noticed several things.
I'll preface my comments that it's ridiculous to read too much into 7-on-7 drills, during June practices, with no pads. No one is going to lose their starting job over a bad June practice. And if the players who are looking sharp in June don't do the same in the August preseason games, they're not getting off the bench or maybe not even staying on the roster.
- S Nick Collins arrived for practices. Mitchell was all over this earlier.
- LB Spencer Havner, who spent all of 2008 on the practice squad, lined up at tight end.
- OLB Jeremy Thompson was on the first team defense while OLB Clay Matthews was on the 2nd team. They are holding him back as he recovers from a hamstring injury suffered earlier this month.
- LB Brandon Chillar played inside in place of LB Nick Barnett. So much for my theory that Chillar would be playing outside.
- CB Will Blackmon played ahead of CB Pat Lee. Again, something I was wrong about as I expected Lee would be ahead of Blackmon.
- OL T.J. Lang is expected to compete at RG, but got to play at RT. Mike McCarthy doesn't know yet which position best suits Lang.