- Another failed WR drafted/signed by Jacksonville, WR Dennis Northcutt, is on his way out of town. Instead they're expecting big things from former Vikings bust WR Troy Williamson.
- Before free agency began, there was some thought that Atlanta's LB Michael Boley might be a fit in Green Bay. Instead he signed for a bunch of money with the NY . Unfortunately for them, he's going to need hip surgery. I'm not sure what type of player they're going to get for their millions in 2009.
- Carolina's DE Julius Peppers decided he can play for $17 million in 2009 after all. I'm glad the rumors of him to the Packers turned out to be nothing. The team just didn't need the headache of trying to sign him to a long-term contract while trying to find him a role in the new 3-4 defense.
- Cincinnati, and former Bears bust, RB Cedric Benson has a career average of 3.7 yards/carry and a bad history with boats. But he can make a joke when needed: "No doubt, I’m ready to carry this team on my back," Benson said.
- He says his alcoholism is behind him. Will some NFL team give ex-Lions WR Charles Rogers another chance?
Around the NFL: Northcutt is Out, Boley has Surgery, Peppers Signs, Benson Makes a Funny, and Charles Rogers
By Brandon Updated