I haven't followed the Titans at all this preseason, but they lost their last game 23-17 against Cleveland. It sounds like they miss DT Albert Haynesworth, which is no surprise. Maybe they're not happy with their wide receivers if they think Matt Jones is the answer to any question, except "Name a 1st round bust of the Jaguars?"
As far as the Packers are concerned, here's what to watch for:
- Don't blink! You might miss the 1st team offense. QB Aaron Rodgers was on the field for exactly one play in their 2008 preseason game against Tennessee, a 68 yard TD strike to WR Greg Jennings.
- Can LB Nick Barnett and LB Clay Matthews prove they deserve to start? They've both been out the entire preseason, so this is their first, and only, opportunty to prove it.
- 15 players for a couple roster spots. The 53 man roster is pretty much set, although it's not clear who will go on I.R. yet. They have to trim the roster down from 75, while 5 or 6 guys will sign on the practice squad, and maybe a few players will go on I.R. So I'm guessing that leaves about 15 players looking at their outright release.
- Some players, like CB Pat Lee, I haven't seen play at all this preseason, and I have no idea whether he'll be placed on I.R. (out for the season), the PUP list (back after six weeks), or to the 53 man roster. Injuries to CB Will Blackmon, S Aaron Rouse, and S Charlie Peprah have left the secondary thin. But it's given an opportunity to CB Brandon Underwood.
- There will have to be some cuts to the offensive line too. Can an undrafted player like OL Dane Randolph beat out OL Jamon Meredith for a roster spot?
- Someone has to go at linebacker too. LB Jeremy Thompson was great back in June, but his first action this preseason was last week at Arizona and he didn't have a big game. He might be playing for a job. Do they have room to keep 7th round pick LB Brad Jones, or is he a candidate for the practice squad?