All information on the Green Bay Packers stock sale is from the article at Packers.com, but I thought it had a few points worth highlighting.
- If you're interested, go to Packers.com at 8 a.m. CST on December 6th. $250 per share.
- No soup for you! You can't buy stock if you live outside the United States or its territories. However, those living in the Northern Mariana Islands may be out of luck too.
- No soup for you! You can't buy stock if you live in New Hampshire or Virginia. Those states haven't approved the sale, yet.
- Apparently there's no restriction if you're a fan of the Bears or Vikings, which just doesn't seem fair.
- No one can buy more than 200 shares. So it's your choice if you want to spend $250 or $50,000!
- This is not "an investment in "stock" in the common sense of the term." Insert "common sense" joke here.
I was curious if you can buy shares for someone else. It makes a great Christmas present! The article doesn't say, but they won't release all the details until December 6th.
What other questions have they left unanswered?