Another day, another Mike McCarthy press conference. His words to the media after Green Bay Packers practice were actually pretty interesting today. He talked about some injuries and when guys might return, as well as today's 'blitz emphasis day'. Here's the summary of everything he had to say.
- John Kuhn and Desmond Bishop returned to practice in shells. They will work again in shells tomorrow and can play in pads at Family Night.
- Curenski Gilleylen has a quad injury and Tori Gurley is out with a bruised leg.
- McCarthy has no concern about replacement officials because it's something that every team has to deal with.
- The team had what McCarthy called a 'blitz emphasis day'. It gave some good work to pass rushers and pass blockers, as well as DBs who were stuck in one-on-one and QBs, who had to move quickly.
- All of the cornerbacks are improving as a group. Today's blitz emphasis was good work for them, and it's important to identify which corners are best in which situations. McCarthy specifically mentioned Davon House as a player who had a good day. He also said he won't know who his first team guys are until they play in game situations.
- D.J. Williams and Ryan Taylor were both very good. He said Williams is a versatile and athletic guy who is very good going over the middle.
- DL Mike Daniels is day-to-day with a groin injury.
- Derek Sherrod is unlikely to return to practice this week, but the training staff is pleased with his progress.
- The transition from morning practices to night practices is not preferable, but it's a change that the team needs to make to prepare for the season.
- Marc Tyler is improving, and McCarthy took issue with a reporter who implied that Tyler was not good in pass protection.
- McCarthy said that the point of Family Night is to get the guys into a game situation, and that the first preseason game can't be the first time that the team sees game situations. The coaching staff will work on setting up the scrimmage tonight.
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is super fun. Check us out on social media for updates as well.