This will probably be short since so many starters won't get playing time this week. With so many of starters having reduced minutes, if playing at all, there won't be too much to watch for out of the starting units. That said, there are still a few starting jobs up for grabs, and enough guys looking to take some positive momentum into the regular season. So without further ado, let's look at five starters who you should keep an eye on in this game....
1. Marshall Newhouse. One positive game and then one negative game for Newhouse. So far this is par for the course when it comes to Newhouse...up and down performances. Even though the first team offense is going to be barely be on the field, it would be good to see Newhouse put together a good body of work tonight and carry that confidence into next week.....maybe even the rest of the season.
2. Jerel Worthy. Worthy didn't get much love on the box score last week, but he was able to get cause some havoc and get some pressure. If Worthy can do that again, maybe even get a sack, it would continue the slow and positive growth for him building throughout the preseason.
3. Cedric Benson. He should be starting tonight after an impressive performance against his old team last week. One more good performance tonight should tie up the starting running back spot for him no matter what the health of James Starks is going to be come the regular season.
4. Whoever starts at nickel safety. It may be M.D. Jennings. It could be Anthony Levine. Maybe it will be Jerron McMillian. No matter who it is one of these three guys is going to have step up and win this battle tonight. If Sean Richardson is the only one to step it up then the Packers have problems.
5. Jarrett Bush. Believe it or not Bush has had a solid to very good preseason. He may even be ready to hold down that starting corner spot. Davon House's shoulder injury may linger into the year, so if Bush can give that much more confidence to the staff and fans then a long term starting gig may be his.
Not a member of Acme Packing Company? Sign up below and start commenting. Everyone here is super fun. Check us out on social media for updates when we update as well. You can also subscribe to our RSS Feed.