Casey Hayward, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Nick Perry ... all of those players are substantial pieces of the puzzle for the Green Bay Packers, and all have suffered injuries recently. Luckily for Packers fans, there is finally some good news on one of them, and it comes courtesy of ESPN insider Adam Schefter:
Packers WR James Jones sprained his PCL vs. Ravens but might be able to play Sunday vs. Clev. Team will make decision later this week.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 14, 2013
Thank the maker.
Jones' relatively minor injury may be a key reason why the Packers were waiting to sign any additional wide receivers today. It seems likely that he will be eased back into practice during the week, but hopefully he will be able to play at close to full strength against a Cleveland Browns team that has put up a good start to the season defending the pass in 2013.
We'll have more on Cobb, Perry, and the rest of the injured players as soon as we can.
More from Acme Packing Company:
- Report: Packers OLB Nick Perry Suffers Broken Foot
- Randall Cobb Injury: Packers Not Yet Contacting Other Wide Receivers
- Packers vs. Ravens Game Balls: Hawk, Perry, Lacy Are Worthy of Praise
- Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers News and Links for October 14, 2013
- Report: Randall Cobb's Injury Not Believed to be Serious