The Packers unfortunate string of injuries continued Sunday as Clay Matthews reinjured his right thumb on a sack of Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger. Matthews was slow to get off the ground and jogged off to the sideline.
Matthews initially injured the thumb against the Lions on October 6. After missing a month while recovering from surgery, Matthews wore a club over his right arm. Later, the Packers' medical staff allowed him to play with merely a thumb brace. Matthews' had played with the brace in every game since.
The team declared that Matthews' return is questionable. However, given that that this is a re-injury of a surgically repaired digit, chances are Matthews is done for the rest of the game.
For more on Matthews' injury and other Packers news, keep your internet machines tuned to Acme Packing Company.
- Steelers vs. Packers Inactives: Only Five Out for Green Bay
- NFL Week 16 Early Games Thread
- Packers Place Johnny Jolly and Brandon Bostick on Injured Reserve
- Steelers vs. Packers Primer: Game Time, TV Channel, Radio Broadcast, and More
- Steelers vs. Packers Fantasy Advice: Start Ben Roethlisberger, Sit James Jones