Since suffering a fractured fibula against the Baltimore Ravens in week 7, Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb has been spending much of his time riding around the team facilities on a Segway. While on the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list, Cobb was eligible to be reactivated before week 15's game against the Dallas Cowboys, but only started to run in practice that week and has remained on IR.
Now, his wait to return to the active roster is over, as the Packers themselves announced this afternoon:
Now this is still no guarantee that Cobb will suit up as part of the 46-man active roster on gameday against the Bears, but it seems unlikely that the team would add him back to the 53-man roster if they did not have the intention of playing him. Still, Cobb is officially listed as Questionable on the team's injury report.
If he does play, Cobb's addition should bolster a Packers receiving corps and may allow for Jordy Nelson to resume his traditional role on the outside while Cobb mans the slot. It also seems unlikely that Cobb will take any kickoff or punt returns, given Micah Hyde's success in that role.
We'll find out what sort of role Cobb will play around 3:25 PM tomorrow.
- Packers vs. Bears Primer: Game Time, TV Channel, Broadcast Information, and More
- Packers vs. Bears Fantasy Advice: Start Jay Cutler, Bench Jarrett Boykin
- Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers News and Links for December 28, 2013
- 2014 Pro Bowl Roster Announced; Packers Have Eight Alternates
- Packers Promote CB Jumal Rolle to 53-Man Roster