Today was the Packers' final practice before Friday's preseason matchup against Arizona. Accordingly, the team had a very light practice that focused mostly on schematics and little conditioning. That doesn't mean there weren't some interesting player developments, however.
- Today's DNP list: Kevin Dorsey, Charles Johnson, DuJuan Harris, Sean Richardson, Casey Hayward, Tramon Williams, J.C. Tretter, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, Jordy Nelson, and Jerel Worthy with new additions T.J. Lang, Andrew Datko, and Lane Taylor (RD). Lang's absence is related to a sore back, and Datko is dealing with a concussion (TS). Taylor is with his wife welcoming their new baby (WH).
- Randall Cobb (bicep) and Eddie Lacy (hamstring) both returned to practice today (TD). Cobb worked more than he did yesterday, but Lacy spent most of the morning watching from the sidelines (RD).
- Vince Young did not have a great day of practice. He threw his first interception. During the team walkthrough. To James Jones (TD). He later fluttered several passes, one of which was picked off by Jarrett Bush (JW). At this point, you can attribute Young's struggles to rust. He hasn't played since last year's preseason. It's probably not fair to be critical of how Young plays tomorrow, either.
- Don Barclay took most of his snaps today at right guard and right tackle (RD). The right tackle snaps are part of that position's competition, but expect Barclay to get most of his snaps during tomorrow's preseason game at right guard if Lang can't go.
- Jeremy Ross fielded kicks with the number one group today (TS). While Ross still has flaws as a receiver to iron out, this is perhaps the strongest sign that the Packers want him to handle return duties.
- After practice, Cobb spent time catching balls with the jugs machine (JW). After being criticized earlier in the week for drops, this is a great sign that Cobb will do everything he can to correct his problems.
That's all for Thursday's practice. Keep your internet machines tuned to Acme Packing Company for the latest news and updates on Packers training camp.
Jason Hirschhorn covers the Green Bay Packers for Acme Packing Co. He has previously written for Lombardi Ave, College Hoops Net, LiveBall Sports, and the List Universe. He is also currently a senior writer for Beats Per Minute, an indie-music webzine. Follow him on Twitter: @JBHirschhorn