The accolades keep pouring in for Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy.
With the Vikings' Adrian Peterson sitting out the Pro Bowl with the same foot injury that cost him the final two games of the regular season, the NFL tabbed Lacy as his replacement. Lacy is currently the only Green Bay player participating in the game.
The news comes a day after the Pro Football Writers Association named Lacy their Rookie of the Year. Lacy was also voted second-team All-Pro earlier in January.
And the parade of awards may not be over. Lacy is considered one of the frontrunners for the AP's prestigious Offensive Rookie of the Year. That honor will be announced at the NFL's award ceremony the night before the Super Bowl. Lacy's prime competition is Chargers wide out Keenan Allen.
For the latest Packers news and developments, keep your internet machines tuned to Acme Packing Company.
- Denver Broncos Safety Rahim Moore Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Green Bay Packers Offseason Primer: The Future of the Offensive Line
- Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers News and Links for January 15, 2014
- Packers' Ben McAdoo Hired by Giants as Offensive Coordinator
- Packers' Ben McAdoo Interviews for Giants and Dolphins Offensive Coordinator Jobs