With the Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons playing on Monday night this week, that means everything is pushed back a day in terms of the teams' preparation. That also includes the league-mandated injury reports. The Packers practiced on Thursday but four key players (including a few starters) were unable to give it a go this afternoon.
Here is the injury report out of Green Bay for Thursday.
Did Not Practice
DL Josh Boyd
DL Mike Daniels
ILB Jamari Lattimore
CB Sam Shields
G T.J. Lang
OLB Nick Perry
G Josh Sitton
Mike McCarthy addressed a handful of topics in his press conference as well, mainly relating to the upcoming game against the Falcons and the team's injuries.
- "Mike Daniels was out of practice today with back soreness ... we'll see how he is tomorrow. Day-to-day."
- On Sam Shields' progress: "Sam is part of the concussion protocol, we'll have to see where he is in the process."
- On Shields' replacements: "Davon (House), Casey (Hayward) have done a good job ... we have a lot of depth in our secondary."
- Discussing the Falcons' defense: "I think their run defense is definitely tough; we've run the ball well against them the last three or four times we've played them."
- On the win in the 2010 playoffs: "It was an excellent win, obviously a great year. To go down into that environment and win, it's a good memory, but that's all it is, a memory."
- Are the Packers' players rested up with a long week? "Hell, they better be, had an extra day off. Practice (was) good today, started a little slow ... we had a pretty productive day so far. They're back, they're into it."
- Defending Julio Jones and Roddy White: "Their receiver group may be the best personnel on their team. Very productive, talented. Any time you have two big threats like that, it's a big challenge."
- Do the Packers look more at the whole season or recent games when analyzing opponents? "You have a formula of how you break each opponent down. You have to take a hard look at the last four or five games (but) there are some things you look at over the whole year."
- On the Packers' run defense: "I think since the bye week, we've definitely improved in most areas on defense. We're getting better. We understand that's how teams are going to try to challenge us and we have to improve every week."
That's all for McCarthy for today. Keep it here at APC for more as the week goes along.