On Saturday around noon, the Green Bay Packers announced their injury report to the media and head coach Mike McCarthy took some questions in his last press conference prior to the Monday night game against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 14. This week's injury report is longer than the Packers' reports have been in recent weeks, but thankfully only three players are listed below "Probable" status and only one of those players is a regular starter.
Here's the full report.
Packers Injury Report
DE Josh Boyd (knee)
DE Mike Daniels (back)
G T.J. Lang (ankle)
OLB Nick Perry (shoulder)
G Josh Sitton (toe)
G Lane Taylor (illness)
CB Sam Shields (concussion)
ILB Jamari Lattimore (ankle)
DE Luther Robinson (calf)
McCarthy discussed some of the injuries when he spoke after the injury report was announced. Naturally,
- "Sam Shields is obviously going through the protocol. Medical staff told me he still has a change to play. He'll be given the opportunity to play in the game ... once the player comes out of that and he's cleared, it becomes the decision of the medical staff .... Sam Shields would start (if he can play)."
- It's definitely a very good receiving group. We've been practicing all week without Sam ... they'll be ready to go.
- "I think Mike (Daniels) is gonna be full strength, and I think Josh (Boyd) is gonna be full strength for Monday."
- "I think (Nick Perry) will be ready for more. I think Nick's had a good week of practice, I think the extra day will help him. He's clearly better this week than he was last week."
- "I think it's important to educate not only your players but your staff on how the flow's going to be changing throughout the year. You look at November, we're 4-0 in November, but we had a 7-day schedule (every week) and three out of four were at home ... the lead-up to the game is important."
- "This has been a good year so far, as far as the numbers (of injuries) ... we've been a healthy team."
- On Jamari Lattimore potentially going on Injured Reserve: "I don't think we're there."
Falcons Injury Report
The Falcons will be missing one of the key members of their secondary on Monday, while Roddy White's status is in question. He practiced for the first time this week on Saturday, but was limited.
G Justin Blalock (back)
WR Harry Douglas (foot)
DE Stansly Maponga (elbow)
WR Roddy White (ankle)
CB Robert Alford (wrist)