The Green Bay Packers practiced as a team for the second time overall during the 2014 offseason and for the first time in front of their fans and media. Acme Packing Company's Aron Yohannes was in attendance and had the following observations to report from today's practice.
- Running first-ream reps at safety were Morgan Burnett and Micah Hyde. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was working with the second team.
- The first-team offensive line consisted of David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, JC Tretter, T.J. Lang, and Bryan Bulaga from left to right. On the second-team line, Derek Sherrod played left tackle with Don Barclay at right tackle. Corey Linsley took third-team reps at center behind Tretter and Garth Gerhart.
- On punt returns, the four main returners were Randall Cobb, Micah Hyde, Tramon Williams, and Jared Abbrederis. Abbrederis returned his first punt very well through coverage, breaking through for big yardage.
- Not working were the following players: DE Jerel Worthy, TE Brandon Bostick, RB Johnathan Franklin, OLB Clay Matthews, and OLB Nick Perry.
- Julius Peppers was working exclusively with the linebackers, and did not participate in any drills with the defensive linemen.
- With the second team, Abbrederis made some really nice catches on some bad throws from Matt Flynn.
- After a drop early, Colt Lyerla made a tough grab over the middle for his first catch and received a nice chant from the crowd after dropping a pass earlier. Lyerla was also one of the last players to leave the field, running routes and catching passes after the majority of players left.
- Sam Shields being Sam Shields still wore a winter hat today.
- The first set of positional drills that Mike McCarthy watched today were the defensive backs'.
- Running back DuJuan Harris looked good running today. Strong.
- Tight End Richard Rodgers participated with the third team today with Scott Tolzien at QB.
- The Packers blasted music during 11-on-11 drills. They played Green Day, Black Eyed Peas and Beyonce'.
- Safeties coach Darren Perry while giving a demonstration to his players: "Got a blocker? Well, f*** 'em." People in the crowd then told him he had a potty mouth.
- Clay Matthews for a short time was messing around and examining his hand while having a conversation with Tramon Williams.
Here are a few photos that Aron snapped from practice today as well:
Julius Peppers is currently doing drills with the linebackers. pic.twitter.com/5qqH3MsQAD— Aron Yohannes (@AronYohannes) May 29, 2014