Week three of the Green Bay Packers OTAs started on Tuesday, with practice being open to fans and the media. The team got a few players back from absence last week. Below is what I observed while in attendance today:
- After missing practice last Tuesday for undisclosed reasons, tight end Colt Lyerla returned to the practice field today. B.J. Raji, too.
- After the death of his grandmother, Jerel Worthy was present today, though he was not practicing.
- Running back Johnathan Franklin was present today at practice. He didn't have a helmet, but he stood by the backs and was pretty active messing with the guys.
- Also dressed but not practicing today: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Jumal Rolle, Chris Harper.
- After foot surgery this offseason, Brandon Bostick practiced today for the first time.
- Not surprising, but Micah Hyde played at safety today with the first-team defense, and JC Tretter lined again up at center.
- Receiver Myles White and defensive back Chris Banjo got into a fake "fight" early on. It was basically a sarcastic scuffle, but they overplayed it.
- Tramon Williams tossed a football to a young child in the stands. The kid jumped for joy, only to turn back around and notice Tramon asking for the ball back. Bummer.
- I said this many times today: DuJuan Harris looked really good. I mean it. He caught a few screen passes and looked shifty, quick, and explosive with the ball in his hands. He also broke a nice run up the middle at one point during practice. The highlight of all players in my opinion today.
- Today, Aaron Rodgers was actually picked off by Sean Richardson. #factsonly
- During blitz period today, the Packers blasted music by Imagine Dragons, The Killers, and Jake Owen.
- The mystery man at today’s practice wearing 54 was newly signed Oklahoma State linebacker Shaun Lewis.
- Richard Rodgers caught the ball very well all day in practice. Great hands.
- Ryan Taylor made a really good bobbling catch falling to the ground down the seam.
- Mike Pennell got into a scuffle with DuJuan Harris. For perspective, Pennell weighs 332, Harris weighs 203.
- Defensive lineman Josh Boyd randomly did meditation techniques on the sidelines. It was probably just a joke, but it was funny watching him standing on one leg and trying to be serious.
- Cornerback Antonio Dennard wore a black cast on his hand today. Not sure what exactly forced him to wear it.
- A little boy bawled his eyes out while his mother dragged him out the stands. All he wanted to do was continue watching practice. Poor kid.
- Four Army veterans were in attendance today and shook hands with players as they came off the field at the end of practice.
- Once again, Colt Lyerla was the last man to walk off the field today. He worked the ball machine and ran routes on the field by himself. A great sign to see once again. He’s working his butt off.
Don't forget to check out our recap of Mike McCarthy's post-practice press conference as well. OTAs continue through Friday this week, and the team's mandatory minicamp kicks off one week from today, on June 17th.