A day after the Packers sent 2012 second rounder Jerel Worthy to New England for a conditional draft pick, Packers head coach Mike McCarthy faced questions during his post-practice media availability.
- Asked about the addition of sideline technology, McCarthy explained that it's been a significant addition to their football operations. "I had a lot of information quicker, and that's from the tablet... It makes the league better."
- Regarding the fights that have broken out since the first preseason game, McCarthy described the scuffles as, "Too much extra-curricular activity. Emotions definitely got in the way in a few instances today." McCarthy got feisty when asked about the tension between coaches James Campen and Winston Moss.
- The reason for linebacker Brad Jones' absence today was a "dental procedure." He isn't expected to miss very much time. McCarthy took the opportunity to praise Jones' replacement, Jamari Lattimore.
- According to McCarthy, the quarterback rotation for Saturday's game in St. Louis has not been set. Though the coach specified that Aaron Rodgers will play, it's currently unclear how much playing time will be allotted to backups Matt Flynn and Scott Tolzien.
- The head coach gave no indication as to whether running back Rajion Neal will play in this weekend's game. McCarthy specified that tight end Colt Lyerla will not participate. "I know he's weeks away."
- McCarthy anticipates a good learning experience against the Rams' defensive line. "Their overall talent is impressive. Young talent on the defensive line is the highlight of their team. Great challenge."
- When discussing new outside linebacker Julius Peppers, McCarthy stated, "He's very good at helping the younger players. Has a wealth of knowledge."
- On the subject of undrafted rookie defensive lineman Mike Pennel, McCarthy said, "This will be a big week. I like what he's done so far." Pennel played a large number of snaps in the second half of the Packers' preseason opener.
That's all for McCarthy. Keep your internet machines tuned to Acme Packing Company for the latest Packers news and developments.