- The outlook is mostly positive for top receiver Jordy Nelson. McCarthy stated, "Jordy is on course to practice tomorrow. Then we'll make the final play-time expectations. But he looks good." He added, "You want everybody to play." Nelson missed the Packers' first preseason game and practice time this week due to a hamstring issue.
- Center JC Tretter's trajectory continues to point upward. "I think JC is off to a great start. I want to see him stack success. We're getting ready to play versus an extremely talented (defensive) front in St. Louis." The head coach praised Tretter earlier this week for his performance with both the No. 1 and No. 2 units during the team's preseason opener against the Titans.
- McCarthy did not clarify whether Matt Flynn or Scott Tolzien would follow Aaron Rodgers during Saturday's tilt against the Rams. Flynn started Green Bay's first preseason game before giving way to Scott Tolzien, but that order may be reversed for preseason Week 2.
- On the subject of the Jerel Worthy trade McCarthy lamented, "Injury situations are tough. Sometimes decisions like that have to be made." Worthy was sent to the Patriots for a conditional draft pick on Tuesday.
- Letroy Guion will travel with the team this week, but he will not play in the game. Likewise, the head coach does not expect to have running back Rajion Neal and linebacker Joe Thomas.
That's it for McCarthy. Keep your internet machines tuned to Acme Packing Company for the latest Packers news and developments.