After his team's triumphant performance against the St. Louis Rams this weekend, Packers head coach Mike McCarthy had plenty of praise as well as a few critiques about his players. He also updated the media on tight end Brandon Bostick's injury status.
- The injury suffered by Brandon Bostick will apparently keep the tight end out "a couple of weeks," though McCarthy added that he is "encouraged by the medical reports." Bostick becomes the second Green Bay tight end to miss significant time with a leg injury after Colt Lyerla tore ligaments in his knee earlier in camp.
- The Rams game left McCarthy fairly pleased with his team. "Overall, I felt very good about the way the team produced. The running backs ran well. Both lines did a good job. Tempo was excellent." That game marked quarterback Aaron Rodgers' preseason debut, during which the first-string offense scored twice.
- While many noticed the struggles of the backup offensive line, McCarthy didn't express too much disappointment, saying, "Once they settled down they did some good things."
- For as long as McCarthy has been Green Bay's head coach, he's preached the value of continuity. He espoused those feelings again today, sharing, "Teams that play together and practice together every day get better."
- The backup quarterbacks continue to battle for the No. 2 job. McCarthy reviewed their work today as "sharp." He later added, "It was our best tempo of the year."
- First-round pick Ha Ha Clinton-Dix continues to impress the coaching staff. "I think he's progressing very nicely. Consistent, same personality every day. He's picked it up schematically."
- Another rookie that's caught the attention of the coaching staff is undrafted linebacker Jayrone Elliott. McCarthy praised him at his presser, calling him, "A young man that's taken advantage of every opportunity." Elliott had three sacks including a strip sack against the Rams this past Saturday.
- McCarthy did not share whether Don Barclay or Jared Abbrederis, two players who suffered torn ACLs earlier in camp, have undergone surgeries yet.
That's all for McCarthy. Keep your internet machines tuned to Acme Packing Company for the latest Packers news and developments.