While the Green Bay Packers get to sit back and relax this weekend, they will no doubt have their eyes tightly glued to the Wild-Card games in the NFC. Green Bay could end up playing any of three different teams next week, and their opponent will of course be based on this weekend's results.
One site that computes odds of winning based on 2014 performance is FiveThirtyEight.com, which lists the Cowboys as favorites to win their game against the Lions by a 69%-31% margin. That site also has the Panthers as a slight favorite over the Cardinals, at 53%-47%.
Based on those odds, there is a 69% chance that the Packers would play the Cowboys in the Divisional Round next weekend. The odds of the Panthers being the opponent is about 16.4%, and the chances that the Packers would play the Cardinals is 14.6%.
How will it actually play out? Here are our picks. As you'll see, most of us expect the Packers to end up playing Dallas a week from Sunday.
Wild-Card Weekend Picks
|Author||ARI @ CAR||BAL @ PIT||CIN @ IND||DET @ DAL|