In case this is the first time you're logging onto the internet today, Packers fans and blogs (as well as people covering the NFL in general) are going a little crazy about Aaron Rodgers. No, it has nothing to do with him on the field, but rather everything to do with the fact that there's nothing else to talk about besides Rodgers' mad swordfighting skills, which he has been practicing with girlfriend Olivia Munn.
Still confused? Check out the post here from SBNation.com, which has Munn's Instagram video of the two spending some time together while she prepares for her role as Psylocke in the new movie X-Men: Apocalypse.
That got us at Acme Packing Company thinking: what other weird hobbies do Packers players have? We know that the offensive line loves to play Settlers of Catan (and also very much enjoys a capella competitions with the help of Clay Matthews and his biceps). Some other Packers, including wideouts Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis, are avid hunters.
But what about some of the other players? Well, we came up with some possible things that other Packers players might enjoy during the offseason (or between practices).
Note: yes, we made every one of these up. If any of these players actually practice these hobbies, it is a complete coincidence and would be incredibly cool, and we would love for the players or their agents to contact us.
- Fullback John Kuhn: amateur Lumberjack competitor (plus, the World Championships are in Hayward just before the start of training camp!)
- Defensive tackle Mike Daniels: participates in Battle of the Nations, a medieval-style fighting competition
- Cornerback Sam Shields: expanding his beanie collection, which currently numbers over 500
- Offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga: trying to convince the other linemen to play Ticket to Ride at his place
- Wide receiver Jordy Nelson: taking acting classes (just kidding, we love you, Jordy!)
- Tight end Richard Rodgers: saved all his per diem from offseason workouts to use at the batting cages to keep improving his softball swing
- Wide receiver Randall Cobb: trying out for Celebrity Wheel of Fortune
- Punter Tim Masthay: working out and practicing punting