Until Thursday, the Green Bay Packers had not known the exact details of their full schedule for the 2016 preseason. Oh, they knew who their opponents will be and where the games will be played. They even knew when the first two of their five games will kick off. But there were still three games with kickoff times and even dates that had not been completely finalized yet.
That is no longer the case, as the NFL announced the complete preseason schedule for the entire league on Thursday afternoon.
As mentioned above, we already knew that the Packers would play the Indianapolis Colts in the Hall of Fame Game - and we knew that the contest would kick off at 8:00 PM Eastern Time on Sunday August 7th. We also had been made aware that the team's second game, a home contest against the Cleveland Browns, was set for 7:00 PM Central the following Friday, August 12th.
Here now is the team's full preseason schedule for 2016.
- Packers vs. Indianapolis Colts: 8:00 PM ET, Sunday, August 7th; Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, Canton, OH (broadcast nationally on ESPN)
- Packers vs. Cleveland Browns: 7:00 PM CT, Friday, August 12th; Lambeau Field
- Packers vs. Oakland Raiders: 7:00 PM CT, Thursday, August 18th; Lambeau Field
- Packers at San Francisco 49ers: 7:00 PM PT, Friday, August 26th; Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
- Packers at Kansas City Chiefs: 7:00 PM CT, Thursday, September 1; Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
The Packers landed only a single nationally-televised game in the preseason, which is of course the Hall of Fame Game. That is for now, at least, as networks may pick up additional games over the course of the summer. The "third week" of the preseason (which features the Packers' fourth game) sees at least one game televised nationwide each day from Thursday through Sunday, but Packers-49ers is not one of them.
Start making your travel plans now for the preseason!