With the initial craziness of the start of the 2017 Free Agency period in the rear-view mirror, it’s time to re-set a bit and recap what is going on around the Green Bay Packers organization. After the legal tampering period and the first evening of free agent signings, the Packers have brought back two of their veteran free agents and five exclusive-rights players, while losing just one player to another team.
Negotiations are ongoing among a few former Packers and several teams, so we will keep you updated on the Packers-related rumors and negotiations throughout the second wave of free agency here.
If you feel like reliving the craziness of the first few days, click back to our initial free agency tracker here.
Packers News & Rumors
- Packers are signing CB Davon House to one-year contract
- Eddie Lacy signs one-year, $5.55 million deal with Seahawks
- OLB Jayrone Elliott re-signs with Packers for one year, $1.6 million
- DE/OLB Connor Barwin is visiting the Bengals
- DE/OLB Datone Jones is visiting the Vikings
OLB Jayrone Elliott is visiting the Bills — UPDATE: also visiting the Steelers
- Packers sign TE Martellus Bennett! 3 years, $18.45 million total
- Julius Peppers rumored to be working on deal with Panthers (UPDATE: Peppers’ agent confirms he’s signing with Carolina)
- Packers among several “options” for OLB Connor Barwin (cut by Eagles)
- Packers “break off” talks with TE Jared Cook
- Eddie Lacy visiting 3 teams (Packers, Vikings, Seahawks)
- T.J. Lang visiting Lions & Seahawks
Packers Free Agents
ERFA tenders: WR Geronimo Allison, RB Don Jackson, FB Joe Kerridge, DT Christian Ringo, P Jacob Schum, ILB Joe Thomas
Free Agents Signing Elsewhere
OLB Julius Peppers (Panthers) — 1 year, $3.5 million (incentives up to an additional $750k)
RG T.J. Lang (Lions) — 3 years, money not yet disclosed
OL JC Tretter (Browns) — 3 years, $16.75 million
RB Eddie Lacy (Seahawks) — 1 year, $5.55 million total, $3M guaranteed