If you participate in the discussion here at Acme Packing Company, you're agreeing to treat everyone with respect. We welcome any and all people here, fans of all sports and teams, people from all walks of life. Any personal attacks will not be tolerated, and neither will anything racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. Even if it was "just meant as a joke", it's really not funny. We're going to be strict about this. Yes, this does mean that you are not allowed to say "Viqueens" here. If this sounds like we're being uptight or too politically correct and you are not in agreement with this policy, this site's comment section is not right for you.
What we do appreciate is talk about football, or really any conversation that's respectful and doesn't alienate any group of people. This site's writers welcome respectful disagreement. But remember, whether you are talking to the writers or your fellow community members: don't debate the people themselves, debate their arguments. It's okay to disagree, but it's not okay to call anyone an idiot. In addition, consistent arguments between specific individuals makes the community less enjoyable for everyone, so don't go looking to pick a fight. If someone is trolling, please try to refer them to point #3 below and move on rather than attacking them personally.
Some other quick guidelines:
1. Please keep swearing to a minimum. Sports get us all emotional and the occasional vulgarity will happen when people get worked up, especially during game threads. We understand that. However, we ask you to keep the general comment sections free of swear words. Also, NEVER swear at someone you're responding to in the comments. That will absolutely draw some disciplinary action. Saying "F--- you, [person]" is never okay.
2. Keep it appropriate. If you're over the age of 14, you should probably know what this means without any need for elaboration. Don't post anything that you would be embarrassed to have your grandparents see with your name attached to it.
3. No blatant, obvious, or inflammatory trolling. Please have your opinions, and we encourage you to share them. However, repeating the same things over and over again to incite flame wars or frustration in the community is not welcome. Continuing this may earn you an informal warning in the comments section, a formal warning, and/or a full ban depending on frequency and severity.
4. Borrowed from Athletics Nation, no "Inflammatory meta". This means no talking about how "x needs to change" or "this site was better when..." or "It was unfair that you banned [person]". If you have a problem with anything on the site, please email Tex at acmepackingco [at] gmail [dot] com. He will be more than happy to listen to and respond to any criticism. There's no reason to pollute the comments section with this stuff.
5. Do not post links or directions to illegal video streams.
All we ask is that everyone remains respectful of the APC community and its members. Do that, and everyone will have a great time.