Aaron Rodgers’ gradual return to a full practice workload continued today as the Green Bay Packers quarterback and his teammates prepare for week five’s game against the Detroit Lions. Rodgers was listed as a full participant in Thursday’s practice, the first time he has received that designation since his left knee was injured in week one’s win over the Chicago Bears.
This is the second straight week that Rodgers has taken a step forward, as last Thursday’s practice was the first time that he worked at all during the week since the injury. However, he was limited in that session.
Rodgers full availability is probably critical this week due to the absence of his top three wide receivers in practice. With a strong possibility that he will be throwing to rookies early and often this Sunday in Detroit, building up his timing and chemistry with Marquez Valdes-Scantling, J’Mon Moore, and Equanimeous St. Brown in practice should benefit the group come kickoff.
Still, while Rodgers’ practice status is a plus, the Packers’ defense got some surprise negatives on Thursday, particularly at the safety position. Safety/slot corner Jermaine Whitehead was a non-participant, listed with a back injury, while starter Kentrell Brice was added to the report as a limited participant with an ankle issue. The status of those players should be important against Matthew Stafford and a talented Lions receiving corps this Sunday, so keep an eye on them on Friday’s report.
Packers Thursday Injury Report
Did Not Practice
- WR Davante Adams (calf, downgraded from limited on Wednesday)
- WR Geronimo Allison (concussion)
- WR Randall Cobb (hamstring)
- S Jermaine Whitehead (back, did not appear on Wednesday report)
- CB Jaire Alexander (groin)
- S Kentrell Brice (ankle)
- TE Jimmy Graham (knee, upgraded from DNP on Wednesday)
- G Justin McCray (shoulder)
- G Lucas Patrick (back, did not appear on Wednesday report)
- OT Bryan Bulaga (back, upgraded from limited on Wednesday)
- CB Kevin King (groin)
- QB Aaron Rodgers (knee, upgraded from DNP on Wednesday)