When the Green Bay Packers practiced early in the day on Thursday, the team got a welcome and unusual sight for a week nine practice: every player on the active roster was in uniform and participating.
Of course, this is an exciting situation for a franchise that has seen plenty of players miss significant time with injuries over the years. Even better was the fact that quarterback Aaron Rodgers was a full participant a day after being limited (his first practice work in a Wednesday-type practice since his knee injury). That suggests that the health of his knee is continuing to improve as the weeks go along.
With that said, there were two notable additions to the injury report on Thursday. One is a new injury that flared up for a player who had been limited on Wednesday. Geronimo Allison had been listed with a hamstring injury, but today the team added a groin injury to his designation. Secondly, center Corey Linsley popped up as limited on the report with a knee issue. However, Linsley downplayed any concern, saying it was just some “soreness” that took him a bit of time to get warmed up and that he would participate fully in Saturday’s practice before the game on Sunday night.
As for the Patriots, they are in much more dire straits on the injury front. New England continues to see several players sitting out practice, though a few of the names changed from Wednesday’s report. Two starters were unable to practice on Thursday: tight end Rob Gronkowski and right guard Shaq Mason. Gronk has seemingly been hampered all year with back issues, which have sapped him of much of his effectiveness; meanwhile, if Mason sits out it should mean better matchups for the Packers’ excellent defensive linemen, Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels.
Here are the full reports for Thursday.
Packers Thursday Practice Report
Did Not Participate
- WR Geronimo Allison (hamstring/groin)
- RT Bryan Bulaga (knee)
- WR Randall Cobb (hamstring)
- TE Jimmy Graham (knee)
- C Corey Linsley (knee - was not listed Wednesday)
- OLB Nick Perry (ankle - DNP Wednesday)
- WR Equanimeous St. Brown (knee)
- S Jermaine Whitehead (back - DNP Wednesday)
- CB Jaire Alexander (groin - was limited Wednesday)
- QB Aaron Rodgers (knee - was limited Wednesday)
Patriots Thursday Practice Report
Did Not Participate
- LB Nicholas Grigsby (illness - not listed Wednesday)
- TE Rob Gronkowski (ankle/back - was limited Wednesday)
- RG Shaq Mason (calf)
- G Brian Schwenke (foot)
- P Ryan Allen (ankle)
- LT Trent Brown (ankle)
- RT Marcus Cannon (concussion)
- LS Joe Cardona (shoulder)
- WR Julian Edelman (ankle - DNP Wednesday)
- WR Josh Gordon (hamstring)
- DL Geneo Grissom (ankle)
- LB Dont’a Hightower (knee)
- TE Jacob Hollister (hamstring - DNP Wednesday)
- RB Sony Michel (knee)
- DE John Simon (shoulder)
- DL Deatrich Wise, Jr. (was DNP Wednesday with illness)